Wallcovering Hanging Instructions
VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE DECORATING
Wallcovering Hanging Instructions Please read these instructions carefully before hanging this wallcovering. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used.
- Wallpaper should be checked before cutting or hanging the rolls, as we will not accept any claims after hanging or cutting of the product. We cannot refund any amount of money for labour spent or incurred in hanging these papers.
- Walls should be dry, Clean and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen pained surfaces with sandpaper.
For best results, we recommend that walls are cross lined using a good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion. Lining should be allowed to dry out completely before hanging the wallcovering.
Pasting and Hanging
- This is a paste the wall products. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallcovering.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive is the ideal but a packet is also ok as long as it is mixed well.
- Nina recommends this wallpaper paste it rolls on pink and dries clear! making wallpapering much easier.
- The paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hand one length at the time, to an area slightly wider than the width of the paper. Butt joints and use a decorators brush to smooth down the wallcovering, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles. Do not use a damp cloth.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wallcovering.
- Paste will damage the surface. The company cannot accept responsibility for the marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean dry cloth.
- This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee. Site conditions are beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the environment is suitable for the wallcovering.